According to the Indonesian Directorate of Education, Ministry of Education and Culture, there are 9,160 Vocational High Schools (SMK) which consist of 2,464 Public Schools and 6,696 Private Schools. Of these, there are 335 International Vocational High Schools. Each International Vocational High School has acheived ISO 9000 quality management certification and has had a foreign partner involved in the development of the school. These schools have support facilities of international standards and each graduate student is expected to be able to work abroad upon completion of their studies.
The Indonesian Vocational High Schools Expo will provide the following opportunities:
1. An exhibition of Vocational High School products from throughout Indonesia.
2. A workshop on development of vocational partnerships with industry.
3. A National Seminar on "Building National Economic Independence".
4. Vocational scholarships to students who have acheived excellence in industry and university.
5. A vocational product innovation contest with entries from throughout Indonesia. Products on display will include IT, agriculture, engineering and more.
For more information, please contact Bapak Agus Gunawan via email: firstname.lastname@example.org